Thompson SCI is a medical start-up developing a breakthrough device-based technology to treat and prevent Spinal Cord Injury. We have a fast-paced and highly energized environment, and greatly value collaboration, creativity and leadership.
We’re looking for a Clinical Test Engineer with exceptional skill to join our team.
• Support clinical testing activities
• Assist in the design and execution of clinical testing of spine implants and surgical instrumentation
• Assist in the documentation of test activities and generation of test reports
• Create 3D models and manufacturing drawings per best engineering design practices
• Perform engineering analyses (dimensional, structural, thermal, flow, failure, risk)
• Interface with surgeons to define design inputs and clinical parameters
• Participate in the development and execution of design history documents, internal procedures, protocols, analyses, rationales and reports
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Travel: 5% – 10%
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, or related science
• 2-5 years of clinical test development experience
• 1-5 years of product development experience
• Strong 3D design skills (SolidWorks)
• High attention to detail, with excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong motivation with ability to succeed in fast paced and dynamic team environment
• Knowledge of FEA, CFD, manufacturing processes, rapid prototyping, ASME/ANSI Y14.5M, GD&T, ergonomics, human factors, medical devices, ISO 13485
All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio samples to email@example.com